Here are pro features of plugin which you get with plugin on upgrading our addexpiresheaders plugin. You can use them as directed below:
This pro feature helps to add expires headers to most of external resources (resources not hosted on current website hosting or third party resources). By doing so we can improve website performance by lowering number of external resources require to load website. It will also refelect as speed improvement in webslite loading time.
Before starting please make sure your website caching(server or browser) is off during this process otherwise it may cause issues. Once you complete process you can switch on caching again.
Here are details how you make this work using our pro version.
- First time when you open “Adding Expires Headers to External Resources” Tab you may not see any external resources. For that follow the steps for finding external resources on home page. Open home page of website in new tab. once home page is completed loading then refresh the current plugin setting page.
- now we have list of external resources on home page of website. As showing below
- Once you have resources list you can now cache them for adding expires headers. So click on button “Start/Refresh Cache External Cache”. It will cache all external resources. Once resources cache successfully every resources have “✓” mark at right of resources given name by code. If any resource not have “✓” mark in this case hit “Start/Refresh Cache External Cache” again it will cache all resources again and this time remaining resources are also cached.
- Now you have 2 buttons under every external resources they are linking origional resource and cache resource. Check both files by clicking both button it will open resources in new tabs. If both are same you are ready to add expires headers to external resource by switching lever to “on” inline of buttons. Repeat same process for every other resources on page. If resources have differences in cached version and orional version do keep switch “off” and try caching resources again it may fix issue if not keep that perticular resource switch “off”. Once you finish seeing all resources and choosing once which have origional and cached version same you can hit submit button to make changes saved.
- Import Notice :- Do not add expires headers to dynamic external resources ( resources which are frequently updating by themselves ) otherwise it may cause issue to website.
If caching any external resource brake your website or creating problems just come back to this tab and make all resources switch to “off” and hit submit. It bring back website in it’s standard condition as it was at start.
Then enable single resource at a time and check website how it functioning after checking this for all external resources you can find problem causing resource and now you can avoid it by keeping its switch to “off”.
This pro feature helps to add custom file types for adding expires headers.
- For supporting new/custom file type other than which already provided you need go to advance settings of plugin
- Scroll down to “Add New File Types for Cache”.
- Choose Mime Type and File extension name without “.” at start.
for example:- for adding .png file support you need to choose Mime type “image” and in file extension you need to write “png” and hit submit button to save changes.
- once this changes in advance settings are successfully saved you need to go to cache settings of plugin and check for newly added custom file type.
- check box in front of newly added file type and hit submit button.
- that’s completed process for adding new/custom file type support for adding expires headers.
Please click here. For list of mime type and custom post type(file extension).
This Pro feature help to prevent specific resources from caching on browser.
For adding specific resources for preventing caching on browser you need to follow these steps:
- Go to advance settings on plugin.
- Scroll to “Prevent these resources from caching”
- You can add filename with extension in comma separated list.
for example:- woo.js, my-custom.css, dynamic.txt
and so on then hit “submit” button to save changes
- that’s it. Now plugin will prevent these resources from caching in browser.
Enabling this feature helps improving cache support for files with version info.
*before enabling this feature make sure dynamic and frequently updating files are added for preventing caching.
Enabling this feature helps to unset entity tags or Etags which helps in improving page loading time.
Enabling this feature help to initiate HTTP(Gzip) compression of files and content which helps to improve page loading speed of website.
Enabling this feature helps to refresh browser cache periodically and helps keep cache updated on user side.
You can choose refresh frequency from dropdown list.